Agree on a meeting place and NEVER GO BACK INTO A BURNING BUILDING!!
Smoke Detectors save lives, install and maintain them
Smoking carelessness is a leading cause of fire, do not empty ashtrays into the trash
Don’t let children play with matches & lighters
Be careful with candles, don’t leave them unattended & never sleep with candles burning
Remove electrical cords from under rugs and behind radiators, never nail or staple the cord to walls or molding
Don’t overload outlets and extension cords
Never put a portable heater near drapes, furniture, bedding or other flammable materials
Keep flammable liquids away from heat sources
Make & practice home escape plans
Always store paint and other flammable substances in their original labeled containers
Fire Department in the United States respond to fires every 19 seconds, nearly 2 million fires per year
These fires are responsible for 3500 civilian deaths every year
Where a Smoke Detector was present & operating, 80% of fires had NO fire related deaths
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is present in low levels in the air, formed from any non-electric flamed fuel device found in the home, including furnaces, stoevs, fireplaces, grills and water heaters, but if theses devices are vented properly the Carbon Monoxide will escape.
According to the Journal of American Medical Association, Carbon Monoxide posioning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the United States. Carbon Monoxide results from the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels, such as natural gas, gasoline, wood, kerosene, propane, and oil.
Install a Carbon Monoxide Detector, it’s inexpensive and easy!
NEVER run a vehicle or generator indoors, even if the garage doors are open
NEVER leave your vehicle running when it’s parked in snow
Have your furnace, water heaters, stove or other natural gas-burning devices inspected regularly
Have your chimneys inspected by a professional
NEVER use an oven to heat your home
Only use Barbeque grills outside, NEVER use them inside your home or garage
Open a windo slightly whenever using a kerosene or gas heater