Attending Court can be a difficult time for some people, especially those who have never appeared before. It is the mission of the Emerson Police Department to provide a safe environment for those who find themselves having to appear in Emerson Municipal Court, which is located on the 2nd floor of the Emerson Borough Municipal Building.
To make your visit to our Court comfortable as possible, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the suggestions below and adhere to the Emerson Police Department Court Security Policy.
• Persons coming to Court should arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. The Judge will take attendance immediately at the start of Court and if you are not in attendance, a Failure to Appear fine may be levied.
• Parking at Borough Hall is extremely limited. It may be necessary to park on Locust Avenue or utilize Assumption School Parking lot providing that no school events are in progress.
• It is suggested that when you arrive at Court, you meet with the prosecutor prior to the start.
• Persons arriving to Court will be required to pass through a metal detector, which is located on the 1st floor. All pocketbooks, bags and backpacks will be physically examined by our Court Security Personnel.
• NO weapons, sharp objects, laser pointers, tools of any kind, beverages, cameras or recording devises will be permitted in the courtroom.
• If you bring a restricted item to the Court, our Court Security Personnel will give you the opportunity to secure those items in your vehicle. In the event that that is not possible, our Court Security Personnel will take possession of those restricted items and return them to you after you are completed in Court.
• Any items seized that constitute illegal contraband or weapons may subject you to arrest.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your court appearance, including questions about your specific charge, fines or penalties, or any other related questions, you must call the Emerson Municipal Court during normal business hours from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at (201) 262-6058.
For questions regarding parking, assistance for disabled visitors, or security concerns, please call the Emerson Police Department desk at (201) 262-2800.